This cloud looks like an x-ray of a spinal cord. Too bad the sky wasn't darker.
Relaxing away the summer
I love the old Otis Redding song "(Sittin' On) The Dock of the Bay." Even though the lyrics are somewhat dark, the music, to me, has a relaxed, soulful sound that reminds me of summer. My favorite part of the entire song is the whistling at the end--still don't know how he managed the high notes.
Redding was first inspired to write the song while living on a houseboat in Sausalito, California. After going on tour, he continued to add to the song, writing lyrics on napkins and hotel stationery. The mark of a writer--recording his thoughts on whatever material was available.
So the song has become my anthem for summer...with the lyrics altered slightly. (If you know me, that won't surprise you. I'm constantly playing with lyrics.) Since I'm landlocked, it's not possible to watch the tide roll away, so the clouds will have to do. Most importantly, I get to waste a little time.
No comments:
Post a Comment