Wednesday, June 9, 2010

A virtual tourist

Every year, when the days get longer and I get some time on my hands, I start thinking about travel. I pull out some of the writings of Paul Theroux or Bill Bryson, I read travel blogs and watch videos (like this one created by travel blogger Matt Harding), and I dream about some of the places I'd like to see.


So it's not a stretch for me to imagine that there are 1,000 places to see in a lifetime. Places on my list?


Cape Vidal, South Africa



Blue Hole Reef, Belize


Riding in a hot-air balloon over Kenya's Masai Mara game reserve



Moeraki Boulders, New Zealand



Death Valley, California—We spent the night while passing through,but I'd love to spend more time there.


Many of these places are far off the beaten path (read expensive), so for now I'll have to content myself with being a virtual tourist. Bring on Bing.com.

2 comments:

Lisa said...

Don't forget the national parks: http://www.examiner.com/x-4661-National-Parks-Travel-Examiner~y2009m6d4-TripAdvisor-names-its-top-10-national-parksZion-tops-the-list

Leah Savage said...

Loved this! I want to dive in the Blue Hole in Belize. It's on our short list of places to scuba.